Systems to Reduce the Presence of
Male Pattern Baldness, Female Hair Loss, and Thinning Hair
- A liquid medically approved product for attaching hair replacement systems.
Options - Bonding, tape,
fusion, rings, or by using snaps.
- The shorter hair on a style which covers the
forehead from the hairline to the eyebrows.
Prosthesis - Another
name for a wig, but is a term generally used as a description for high-quality,
hand-tied and custom units. A full prosthesis is often referred to as a wig
where a partial prosthesis is labeled a hairpiece.
Forward for Pomp
- This gives maximum lift to the finished hair system. Hair is vented with a
center-open crown and directed forward.
- Refers to a high quality crown made to resemble
the actual hair growing out of the scalp. The materials used are often a
translucent monofilament in which individual hairs are pulled through to
resemble the natural scalp. With this type of top the client is not confined to
one type of hair part.
- A hair replacement system which is made with a
mesh insert in the front into which individual hairs are hand-tied. This is
designed to create a realistic looking hairline. The lace front usually has
extra un-ventilated mesh so that the front can be custom-ventilated or trimmed
to resemble an actual hairline. Often times so "life like" it can't be detected.
Mono Top - Fine,
transparent nylon or silk mesh with hairs individually hand-knotted into the
mesh. Allows the hair to fall naturally and gives more versatility in styling.
Very suitable for persons with extensive hair loss, since the color of the scalp
underneath shows through, creating the illusion of hair growing right out of
Refers to a break in the hair at the top of the scalp. Hair along the
break normally falls in opposite directions.
- Used as a border to create a better form. It comes in three different layers
of thickness. Light, medium, or heavy. Often referred to as PU.
PU See Thru - This is the clearest version of PU. Typically used in the
frontal sections of hair replacement systems.
Glass Silk - This is the same as PU See Thru except it has silk embedded in
it so the hair has something to be tied to.
Coated Polyurethane - The most visible of the see thru but also the most
durable and thickest.
- This is the process where the new hair system is washed, conditioned, cut,
thinned, and arranged to the desired style for the client.
- The process of adding hair strands to the frontal
portion of the hair system.
- The process of adding strands of hair.
"Isn't It About Time
You Did Something
About Your Thinning Scalp"